Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay why i want to be a nurse

Essay why i want to be a nurse

Mar/Sat/2018 | Uncategorized

Samples | Why I Want To Be A Nurse Essay - My Essay Writing

Essay why i want to be a nurse

Write My Paper -
Why do you want to be a nurse? Students share their sentiments

book report sounder SHORT SUMMARY (Synopsis) On the outermost reach of a white man’s field, there is why i want to be a tiny, quaint cabin where a black sharecropper lives with his family and a coon dog named Sounder. In the spring, summer, and fall, Father works in the fields to provide for his family. In winter, when the work in the fields comes to a halt, the black sharecropper goes to eye prothesis, hunt coons with Sounder, his hound. His wife washes people’s clothes and sells walnut kernels to supplement the family’s meager income. Their eldest son helps them out with the chores.

Although they are a poor family, they are close and loving. When it becomes difficult to hunt due to the extreme cold, Father steals a pig in why i order to feed his children; although he knows the theft is wrong, he feels it is on egyptian art better than seeing his family starve. The robbery, however, is discovered, and the Sheriff and essay why i want a nurse his men come out to arrest the ‘thieven nigger.’ Sounder is outraged to see his master being chained and dragged; he tries to attack the eye prothesis Sheriff. When everyone, including Father, is in the Sheriff’s wagon, the deputy turns and fires a shot at Sounder. The dog collapses and then runs away. The boy is why i crushed over the injury to his dog; he puts his heart, soul, and strength into searching for Sounder, but the dog has obviously retreated far into the backwoods. Mother believes that the dog has gone to the woods to heal his wounds and on learning will return. At Christmas, Mother bakes a cake for her husband, who is still in jail.

She tells her son to why i to be, deliver the cake to his father. The jail keeper is very nasty to the boy; while pretending to check if there are any weapons baked in it, he smashes the lovely cake. The boy is extremely hurt, and douglass fourth of july speech his father, sensing the boy’s misery, forbids him to visit the jail in the future. The boy walks back home in want a nurse helpless anger; however, he does not tell his mother about the essay of july jailer’s rudeness. He does remember to tell his mother that Father would be sending word to her by the visiting preacher.

The next morning a languid and incapacitated Sounder returns home. Essay Want A Nurse. It is difficult for him to move, and essays on egyptian his thunderous voice has been replaced by a feeble whine. The boy is crushed to why i to be a nurse, see the change in him. He also misses his father and worries over eye prothesis, the fact that there has been no news about him for a long time. Finally the family hears that he has been sent away to do hard labor. This news casts a gloom over the little house. In the spring, the boy takes his father’s place on the fields, working long and hard. When the farm work is finally finished, the boy decides to undertake a journey to look for his father. Although Mother is initially apprehensive, she eventually relents to the idea. It then becomes a pattern with the boy that each year after the fieldwork is over, he visits road camps and quarries, searching for news of Father.

On these journeys, the boy picks up newspapers and magazines from trash barrels and essay to be practices his reading. Years pass, and there is still no news of Father. When twelve men are killed in a dynamite blast in the quarries, the buy juliet essay family is essay why i to be afraid he is dead; they are greatly relieved to find his name is not among the deceased. Essay Answers. The boy continues his search. One day he stands outside the barbed wire fences of a road camp, hoping to see his father. To Be. All of a sudden, something crashes in front of him and a splinter of iron wedges into his skin. The guard, instead of running to help the boy, laughs at his distress. The boy is badly shaken by the guard’s callous treatment; he turns tearfully towards home. As he walks, he passes a schoolhouse and is drawn towards it. He goes inside and tells the teacher that he is looking for some water to wash his wound.

The teacher is moved to reflective essay, pity the lad and why i want to be a nurse takes him home to eye prothesis, bandage his fingers. At the teacher’s insistence, the boy narrates his story. When the essay to be a nurse boy returns home, Mother asks him who has dressed his wounds. The boy tells her about his meeting with the teacher and also about a proposal that he has put forth. The teacher has asked the boy to come and stay with him and attend school. Eye Prothesis. The mother is exceedingly pleased and feels that “the Lord has come” to her boy.

During the winter he lives with the teacher and attends school; during the spring and summer, he comes home to work in the fields. Mother and son are once again happy; she sings on essay to be the porch and the boy sings in the fields. On a late August afternoon, Father returns home. Like Sounder, he is emaciated, and his body is badly disfigured; like the dog, he also seems to essay on frederick fourth of july, have lost his enthusiasm for life. In the why i want fall, Father decides he and on egyptian Sounder will hunt for coons and possums, a plan that enlivens both dog and master. One night on a hunt, Father dies in the woods.

Because of Mother’s practicality, the family is able to essay want a nurse, give him a decent burial. After Father’s death, Sounder becomes even more sluggish. The boy thinks he will die soon, grieving for his master. Before leaving for school, the boy digs a grave for the dog so his mother will not have to do it. Two weeks before Christmas, Sounder dies. The boy is grieved that he has lost his father and his pet, but he knows that the two of them are still somewhere together, the dog stalking behind the master. Sounder by Plan of Study W. H. Armstrong Study Guide - Free BookNotes Plot Summary. All Content CopyrightTheBestNotes. All Rights Reserved. No further distribution without written consent.

187 Users Online | This page has been viewed 5854 times. This page was last updated on 5/9/2017 9:50:57 AM.

Write My Research Paper -
Why I Want To Be A Nurse Essay Advantages Of The Profession

How to Write a Resume Skills Section. The resume skills section allows you to list, re-iterate, and expand upon your skills and abilities that are relevant to essay want to be a nurse, the job you are applying for. A well-crafted resume skills section will also help your resume beat Applicant Tracking System (ATS) “resume reading robots”, which is the first step to getting your application into a hiring manager’s hands. Don’t miss the opportunity to make a powerful skills section that can tip the odds in questions answers your favor — read on to learn how. Sometimes referenced as “ Additional Skills ” the Skills Section is where you can list all of your useful abilities that are not overtly mentioned in the bullet points of the Work History sections. Here are some samples showing what they look like: Customer Service Resume Skills Section.

Laborer Resume Skills Section. As you can see, these all tend to be brief and to the point. Yet, there is a right way and a wrong way to writing them. Don’t forget your cover letter. Want! Browse through our library of Cover Letter Samples by Industry. Tips on Adding Additional Skills to Your Resume. In the above examples, there are a few similarities to the types of skills that the job seekers listed even though they are going after different positions. A hiring manager is interested in what relevant skills you have. They do not care about whether or not you came in first place in reflective essay the hot dog eating contest at the state fair.

An IT Industry job seeker should not do this : Leader of a 70 member guild in World of Warcraft for 3 years. Maintained a self-hosted VoIP chat server for 3 years. One of the above skills shows some legitimate tech savvy while the other does not. That’s something that might catch a hiring manager’s eye. Keep your skills targeted toward the job you are applying for. Even if you have a knack for essay why i to be a nurse, something that is not directly related to the position, as long as it’s relevant it’s worth mentioning . For example, if you are applying for an assistant manager position at a small music shop, it’s perfectly acceptable to mention that you can play guitar. It isn’t directly related to essay answers, management, but it shows you have knowledge of the industry. Just like discussed in all of the Resume Genius resume samples, replace nonspecific adjectives with hard numbers.

The same goes for essay, how specific you are in Plan of Study regards to software, hardware, and other tools you are skilled with. Don’t Say: Excellent with foreign languages. Do Say: Fluent in English and to be Spanish , and proficient in French. Don’t Say: Skilled typist. Do Say: 70WPM typist. You don’t need to get overzealous with the essay styles specifics, but a couple of details go a long way. When listing large software suites like Microsoft Office, try to name the individual applications you’re proficient with, such as PowerPoint or Excel when page space is adequate. If you’re only listing 2 or 3 bullet points, this isn’t that big of a deal, but once you start listing more, you want to keep things sensible. For example, keep your computer skills with your computer skills and your speaking and language skills with your speaking and language skills. Experienced graphic artist well versed with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator Bilingual – Fluent in English and French Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Charismatic and confident public speaker.

Experienced graphic artist well versed with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Charismatic and confident public speaker Bilingual – Fluent in English and essay why i want a nurse French. Also, when possible list the answers group of skills that are more important to essay to be a nurse, the position that you’re applying for first. You shouldn’t spend too much time debating on the ordering though as per the first tip, they all should be relevant anyway. Formatting: Additional Skills vs. Plan Of Study! Technical / Computer Skills. Most job seekers end up choosing a resume template that places their relevant skills closer to the bottom, but for some specific industries listing them at essay why i to be, the top is born buy juliet schor, very effective . Essay Why I! Take a look at the sample resume for an applicant searching for an IT job: Because an IT job requires an born schor essay employee to have a base set of skills, the applicant starts off by listing his Technical Skills instead of adding them as Additional Skills towards the end. He also breaks them down by theme, such as what computer networking skills he has and what operating systems he is proficient with, bolding each main general category and why i want to be a nurse then listing each specific skill in its respective category. Some jobs where using a Technical Skills section instead of an Additional Skills section could be beneficial are: Information Technology Graphic Design Manufacturing Technical Writing Engineering.

Regardless of which style of Skills Section you use on essay on learning, your resume, as long as you use relevant, clear, well organized bullet points , you’re sure to impress. Industry-Specific Skills for your Resume. The Best List of Skills For a Resume. Below are the a nurse most sought after skills and abilities that employers look for on a resume. If you can include these abilities on your resume, you will be sure to attract their attention. However, it is essay crucible, not enough to why i want to be, simply list your skills. The bottom line is that HR managers want proof. That’s why it is more effective to include examples of how you use your skills rather than merely stating, “Possess great communication skills.”

The bottom line is that HR managers want proof. Here is a list of good skills and example bullet points to add to your resume: Approach all work activities with deliberate focus to ensure that each task is completed correctly, efficiently, and effectively. Seek and actively learn new information to keep up to date with new skill requirements and technological innovations. Achieve high levels of eye prothesis multi-tasking ability by remaining focused and goal oriented, completing several tasks simultaneously to reach desired targets.

Commended by peers for displaying a good attitude, working hard, and setting and why i want a nurse achieving personal goals. Listen to and integrate criticism and advice from peers, teachers, and bosses, strengthening personal deficits and weaknesses wherever possible. Perform requested duties beyond the expected requirements to maintain high personal standards and ensure absolute satisfaction with produced work. Adapt to all arising situations, and able to develop solutions to problems as they appear to the satisfaction of schor essay any client. Work towards solutions with a flexible approach to all challenges that helps solve problems in the most direct and time efficient way possible. Respond and adapt to developing challenges and obstacles when under pressure calmly and logically to develop working solutions in a timely manner. Manage time constraints and unpredictable schedules with adaptable methodology that can re-prioritize and delegate tasks to achieve maximum efficiency. Want To Be! Develop and utilize a large personal knowledge base, creating a broad understanding of a wide range of issues and the ability to eye prothesis, develop flexible solutions.

Create working relationships with co-workers and clients with varying personality types and coming from different backgrounds, maintaining a professional and egalitarian attitude at all times. Want To Be A Nurse! Adapted to new industry standards to guarantee that our business was compliant with all guidelines Revised my sales strategy to align with new customer trends. Evaluate and dilute complex work processes into series of reflective essay on learning styles manageable tasks to increase efficiency and a nurse reduce waste. Analyze large volumes of essay douglass speech data and want identify trends, and present results in a clear and understandable manner. Plan Of Study! Produce comprehensive solutions to essay to be, complex problems through extensive analysis and buy juliet schor essay accurate assessment of why i relevant data sets. Reflective! Identify efficiency savings within given tasks and successfully implement them, aiding in efficient problem solving. Why I A Nurse! Determine the douglass fourth relevance of suggested arguments and ideas, and analyze the relative importance of each before accepting or rejecting them as courses of action. Manage complex problems and time-constrained tasks with rapid but error-free analyses to ensure projects are completed without disruption. Prevented workplace accidents by encouraging safe working practices and preserving company equipment.

Responsible for resolving client issues, identifying customer trends, monitoring competitor activities. Plan strategically and maintain awareness of attention to details to overcome challenges, meet deadlines and essay why i to be a nurse achieve objectives without sacrificing quality. Create and essay on learning styles detail step-by-step processes to create intermediate and endpoint deadlines for all projects, making it easy to to be a nurse, identify major obstacles and brainstorm solutions. Organize and communicate highly detailed planning and time management objectives to ensure all team members understand their roles and responsibilities. Identify errors and inconsistencies within any argument or reasoning used to form actionable conclusions, and present necessary counter-arguments. Restructure and reorganize underdeveloped projects that require complete revision to achieve detailed quality standards. Tasked by peers to eye prothesis, oversee highly detailed projects, having a trusted ability to why i a nurse, discover holes and issues where others may not. Foster strong relationships with customers and essays strategic partners to strengthen our brand awareness Facilitate monthly meetings with employees to essay why i to be, ensure there is Plan of Study, a mutual understanding of a project’s directives High levels of confidence when speaking either to groups or individuals that allows the conveyance of ideas or instructions in a clear, easily understood manner. The ability to disseminate detailed concepts into understandable ideas in both written and verbal communication. Understanding of the meaning and essay why i a nurse implementation of body language to both gauge other’s intent and views and project a desired stance to others through non-verbal communication.

Highly developed communication skills both verbal and non-verbal that help build a relationship more conducive to an agreeable outcome of essay any negotiation. Outstanding Typing Skills (WPM: 90). Sound knowledge of troubleshooting techniques for essay, Microsoft Office Suite High levels of analytical ability means that problems can be understood and overcome quickly and efficiently. Crucible! Methodical approach to why i want, challenges means that problems can be overcome with solutions identified and implemented in the most efficient manner. Always seeking new information and keeping up to date with current requirements and innovations within the questions answers crucible field of expertise. Exercise empathy with others to assist in all aspects of communication, creating higher chances of successful outcomes and why i want compromises. Practice well-honed listening skills to give full attention to those in essay on frederick douglass of july speech need, accurately assess every individual’s situation, and build necessary rapport. Essay Why I Want To Be A Nurse! Project calm and Plan of Study genuine interest in others through verbal and want to be non-verbal means, building confidence with other parties to ensure successful conclusions to all interpersonal interactions.

Remain dispassionate and fair-minded during disagreements to reflective styles, highlight that ideas and opinions are always respected. Assist and teach others patiently when working towards a common goal, ensuring higher levels of cooperation when faced with challenges. Help and want to be a nurse suggest to co-workers and peers to find institutions or people to seek help for problems that are affecting them professionally. Integrate into all team situations easily and comfortably, possessing a personable nature that is open to teamwork and cooperation. Negotiate team and co-worker conflict or pressure effectively and efficiently through strong interpersonal and communication skills. Work towards the success of the group, de-emphasizing smaller perceived personal successes and focusing on the bigger picture. Listen actively and engage genuinely with others to ensure that all perspectives and essays on egyptian art ideas are equally respected. Focus on overcoming challenges rather than seeking to blame the cause of any challenges and problems encountered, maintaining a positive attitude that is a benefit to any team situation. Adhere to all institutional standards for ethical, interpersonal, and essay want professional behavior at all times. Finish all tasks and projects on time with a reliably high level of quality. Accept all requests to fill necessary shifts, schedules, or complete tasks when others are unavailable.

Maintain a professional and egalitarian attitude at the workplace at all times, ensuring minimal interpersonal conflicts and acting as an ambassador for the brand. Trusted to handle sensitive items and situations, regarded as having a responsible and dependable personality by peers. Open a strong line of eye prothesis communication and why i want make thorough preparations for born essay, taking time off. Assist others with tasks and essay why i want a nurse projects during free time, even when it is unrelated or unrewarded. Seek answers to questions personally without needing excessive guidance, asking only when it is obvious the information cannot be found. Create personal tasks and essay on learning styles projects without supervision, while seeking advice and permission to essay why i want to be a nurse, increase workplace efficiency. Eye Prothesis! Learn new skills actively to avoid over-reliance on co-workers and team members Operate independently of team members and management, submit comprehensive reports and feedback to keep projects on track. A Nurse! Argue against conventional wisdom when it is based on illogic or poorly conceived notions, even when it is unpopular to do so. On Frederick Speech! Utilize a wealth of skills, abilities, and personal networks to solve intractable problems and remove obstacles to completing projects. Display a thirst for knowledge, becoming an expert on any product or subject required quickly, and able to convey that knowledge clearly to others. Want! Assume responsibility for completing all important tasks at hand and filling in labor gaps wherever it is reflective on learning, necessary.

Brainstorm and develop approaches to problems in downtime and present them to a nurse, peers without being personally tasked by management. Approach challenges as opportunities to questions answers crucible, improve skills and abilities, seeking advice and criticism to constantly improve. Why I Want To Be! Volunteer for new projects and to complete tasks that are otherwise ignored or avoided. Speak frankly about questions answers crucible, weaknesses and essay a nurse issues that are causing problems and holdups, and offer well-developed solutions. Received award for outstanding work ethic 2 years in a row. Set challenging benchmarks of success and plan by which to achieve them each month. Suggest and promote ideas for analysis and judgement without ego or personal issues should they be rejected by others. Buy Juliet Essay! Assess and critically analyze personally developed ideas in the same way that others’ ideas are assessed.

Compare, contrast, and combine creative ideas, using critical and essay to be creative thinking skills to develop insights and alternative possibilities. Project an innovative outlook that encourages free thinking to challenge conventional barriers in problem solving and styles generate interesting ideas. Apply rational analysis and a nurse promote an evidence-based approach to take creative ideas and mold them into workable solutions. Appraise any given situation and approach its unique problems with a consistent and systematic methodology. Implemented efficiency and cost-saving initiatives that improved the customer service process Evaluate the various risks and essay answers rewards related to essay why i to be, implementing new projects or programs. Maintain an born buy juliet essay “honesty is the best policy” philosophy in the workplace, while being tactful about giving constructive criticism. Review project successes and why i a nurse failures dispassionately, accepting blame when mistakes are made and seek methods to prevent future issues. Conduct all business and personal affairs according to highest codes of ethics and reflective on learning responsibility. Establish trustworthy relationships with clients and co-workers, avoiding improper and unethical behavior. Follow institutional rules, processes, and practices at all times to support company’s quality management procedures.

Report issues and problems through proper channels as set forth by company guidelines. Maintain a visionary outlook and the ability to see each challenge in the context of the broader scope of the project, while acting towards that desired end goal at all times. Why I To Be A Nurse! Project confidence and flexibility, able to accept differing views without viewing them as challenges to authority, and utilize good ideas from others. Utilize interpersonal skills to motivate and encourage co-workers, understanding that major goals are achieved through teamwork. Demonstrate critical thinking under stressful situations where problems are faced, and a willingness to make the right decisions even if they are unpopular. Display integrity and schor honesty at all times, honoring promises and why i want a nurse defending values when challenged. Set an example for others, taking responsibility for successes and failures alike. Speech! Assumed a leadership role in the absence of the supervisor and ensured that the office operated normally. Want To Be A Nurse! Assisted in eye prothesis the training of 3 new employees to quickly integrate them into the department’s workflow. Schedule meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for managers. Why I Want To Be A Nurse! Compiled, prioritized, and processed all new purchasing orders Keep organized at all times, understanding that efficiency is Plan of Study, achieved by being mindful of essay want to be future and often unanticipated needs Accurately estimate the work involved in any task to Plan of Study, provide both a timetable and the effort required for successful completion.

Excellent organizational skills to attribute time to carry out responsibilities personally and for essay why i to be, each member of the project team. Highly developed communication skills for discussing a project at all levels, with the ability to clearly articulate the work, issues and challenges as they arise in a manner other stakeholders will understand quickly. Overcome obstacles to project completion by essay douglass fourth being forward thinking and positive, rather than adhering to the accepted limits. Apply a logical mindset to bring well researched ideas to the table and, and why i able to Plan of Study, dissect counter arguments methodically and without prejudice. Project a positive persona that focuses on the positive outcome of any proposal or counter-proposal rather than the negative, ensuring all parties remain disposed to concessions. Listen actively to all arguments and ideas presented, and fairly weigh and analyze them before responding with counter-arguments and essay why i to be counter-proposals.

Defend positions forcefully when necessary to achieve the best outcome possible for all stakeholders. Seek out alternative solutions to stubborn problems, and methodically test, reject, and note progress and setbacks. Demonstrates the essay questions answers crucible ability to essay to be, analyze large volumes of data to find the eye prothesis required information within, efficiently and accurately. Shows comprehensive problem solving ability, producing creative solutions to complex problems. Can identify important concepts within a project to provide effective, targeted research. Can break down complex concepts and essay ideas into more manageable tasks for research purposes.

Excellent communication skills that allow clear dissemination of researched data and ideas for eye prothesis, further use. An analytical approach that ensures the identification and streamlining of research opportunities with any given project for more efficient results. Maintain high levels of self-awareness that enables analysis of one’s own assumptions and values about any given subject. Approach mistakes with a dispassionate demeanor, focusing on finding solutions rather than attributing blame. Project a “customer is always right” attitude at all times, even when clients are being rude and irrational. Keep a professional manner with peers, co-workers, and clients at all times, no matter the circumstances. Avoid emotional confrontation and arguments with peers and clients, seeking de-escalate issues and essay want to be find ways to essay fourth speech, resolve issues rationally. Adhere to company work schedules and why i give notice before taking time off. Remain calm under pressure, delivering workable problems during crisis scenarios in a timely manner. Perform and oversee multiple individual tasks simultaneously during work projects, ensuring quality and efficiency while remaining within deadlines.

Manage chaotic task loads and keep teammates focused and under control during high stress and essay questions answers time-sensitive crisis periods. Approach complex and tangled problems with a dispassionate disposition that allows an efficient and analytical approach to any problem. Make and essay defend critical and high risk decisions based on careful research, analysis, and experience, accepting responsibility for the outcomes whatever they may be. Resolve interpersonal conflicts between other parties or personally by remaining objective and actively empathizing with the emotional parties. View every situation in essays the context of the broader picture to predict how the team may benefit overall from essay want to be any given action. Utilize a diverse skillset to complement any team makeup, whether giving or receiving instruction. Convey authority, competence, and essay on frederick douglass of july a socially oriented attitude by keeping a strictly professional manner at all times. Build friendly relations and easily communicate with teammates, co-workers, and want customers through a confident and outgoing demeanor. Seek out new relationships and form large networks of individuals, developing a pool of resources and talent that can be tapped to achieve goals and essay on frederick douglass fourth speech targets. Project warmth and sincerity to why i want to be, peers and clients, and a willingness to work together to achieve mutual goals. Team worker who is able to adapt in highly dynamic and changing situations.

Collaborated in four-person team to complete projects in a timely manner and under budget. Tech savvy, with the ability to quickly learn and apply new software applications to the position. Desire to expand my current skillset and increase my value as an asset to the company. Broad knowledge base that aids in writing from a position of authority on a wide range of eye prothesis subjects. Highly developed research skills aid in creating accurate, informative and in essay want to be a nurse depth writing on any subject matter. Expert literary skills ensures error free writing, with perfect grammar and style at all times.

Adaptable approach allows a writing style that fits with the subject at hand and its intended use. Empathic nature that allows the use of suitable language for the intended audience so that the writing is always on the correct level for reflective styles, its intended readership. Focused and driven to always meet deadlines and targets as required. As much as the words on a resume are important, so is the overall style and essay want to be design. For more information on how to style your resume like a pro, check out the Resume Genius resume aesthetics guide. thanks for this! We’re glad you found it useful! Good luck on the job hunt.

These are very important and helpful information! Thank you so much! #128578; Happy to help! Let us know how your job hunt goes. This is a wonderful site and very helpful!! Thank you. Thanks for the kind words! Feel free to styles, spread the word. Share How to Write a Resume Skills Section

Our code geeks and HR experts are proud to introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in why i want a nurse today’s competitive job market. We provide HR-approved resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and easy export to Plan of Study, MS Word and essay why i want PDF. Get awesome job opportunities sent directly to your inbox. By clicking Send Me Job Alerts, I agree to the Resume Genius Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Play the One-Minute Game That’ll Show You How to Improve Your Resume. Think you can judge the on frederick douglass speech quality of why i to be a resume within 6 seconds? The answer may surprise you. Put your skills to the test, and learn how to make your resume 6 second worthy! 3 Reasons Why I Wouldn't Hire Tom Brady. Tom Brady’s resume is a couple yards short of a touchdown.

There are tons of errors throughout. See why. How to Modify and Maximize your Resume Template. Need a resume template? Feel free to download one, but be sure to make small modifications to unlock your. Would You Rather Work for a Man or a Woman? Do people still care whether they work for a man or woman, or do most people simply look for a nice job. 5 Ridiculous Excuses To Calling Out Of Work That Were Surprisingly Successful. Every office is bound to have that one person that abuses the call-out policy. These people go above and.

Resume Genius' builder, resources, advice and career tips are regularly featured on some of the world's leading online and offline publications including: Our code geeks and HR experts are proud to introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in today's competitive job market. HR-proven resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to essay fourth, choose from, and easily export to MS Word and PDF.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Why I Want To Be A Nurse Essay Advantages Of The Profession

The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman. Cat and Mouse by Dr Jennifer Minter (English Works Notes, 2016) In a German newspaper article written in essay why i want to be, 1930s the author states, “away with Jewish brutalization of the people! Down with Mickey Mouse! Wear the crucible Swastika Cross”. Essay Want A Nurse? It seems as if the Germans were the aggrieved victims, taking revenge on the brutal mice. In his comic story, The Complete Maus, the Pulitzer Prize winning author, Art Spiegelman, utilises anthropomorphic imagery of the cat and mouse to depict his parent’s experiences in Nazi Germany. Using this unusual medium, the cartoonist graphically relates the Holocaust story based on a series of Plan of Study interviews with his father that took place between 1972 and essay why i want to be a nurse, 1982. In these stories, he foregrounds Vladek’s experiences of horror, during which he survived 10 months in Auschwitz. However, as a child of a survivor, Art’s story also humorously and poignantly interweaves his own trauma as well as the parents’ love story and the subsequent suicide of the beloved wife and mother, Anja.

As these stories of the past and Plan of Study, present clash and collide, so readers become aware of the pain of broken, disrupted relationships. Vladek died in 1982 of “congestive heart”; in 1986 the first part of essay why i Maus was published to buy juliet schor, critical acclaim. The novel is presented in two parts: the first part, My Father Bleeds History , focuses primarily on Vladek and the stories of the Jews living through the Nazi occupation of Poland from 1939 to 1945. Essay Why I? Art’s interviews with Vladek focus on eye prothesis, his stories of survival and courage. The second part, And Here my Troubles Began , continues the story of his parents’ incarceration in Auschwitz but also includes more of Art’s own personal story as he seeks to understand the delayed trauma of an why i a nurse Auschwitz-related son. One of his most pressing points is essay crucible that the scars are generational: the psychological scars of the parents continue to haunt subsequent generations. The comic story is loosely conveyed in chronological order, but with narrative present-time intrusions that focus on the interview process itself and the act of remembering what is essentially a horror story. Centred around the father’s memories, Art also includes aspects of his own frustrating relationship with his father as he seeks to why i want, deal with his excessively neurotic and obsessive attitude to essays on egyptian art, money, disease and death.

Vladek’s recount, related in broken English and awkward grammar, gives an impression of spontaneity and authenticity. “I’m telling not rumors, but only what really I saw” says Vladek, who as a tinman, helped to disassemble the gas chambers in Auschwitz because the Germans did not want to leave a “sign of all what they did”. “For this I was an essay want eyewitness” (229). Sadly, though the destruction of Anja’s diaries ruin other first-hand stories that would have complemented and crucible, validated Vladek’s. Whilst the first-hand stories loom large, the essay why i to be a nurse cartoonist is also aware of the “rebuilding” process and the fact that he is styles recreating the father’s memories at the same time. (258) At times, Art despairs of the why i want enormity of this task; he realises that reality is too complex for comics and agonises over the fact that “so much has to be left out essays on egyptian, or distorted” (176). Essay Why I A Nurse? In Auschwitz, the outline of the captions become sharp and serrated as Art struggles with his frustration at trying to draw the father’s experiences as a tinsmith. (207) This is then, always the case when “rebuilding” and “reconstructing” remembered stories. Furthermore, Spiegelman also includes historical facts that complement the documentary-style black and white graphics to eye prothesis, authenticate his father’s memories. Essay Why I Want To Be? The incorporation of these facts and the sparse and on egyptian art, direct drawing style reflects the cartoonist’s obsession with the macabre style documentary footage that so obsessed him during his research. For example, the essay why i want to be cartoonist, notes factually, from May 16 to essays on egyptian art, May 24 in 1944, over want, 100,000 Hungarian Jews were gassed in Auschwitz.

Likewise, the map of Poland (p. 62) highlights the Plan of Study three divisions. Jews are systematically rounded up and sent to the “Protectorate” in Poland which has been simply identified on the map. Vladek and Anja live in Sosnowiec — in the ‘REICH” which was “annexed to Germany” (62). The story of life as a Jew in Poland during the Nazi occupation is the obvious focus of the interviews. Why I To Be? However, Art broadens the story to include a snapshot of his father’s post-traumatic stress that suffocates him as he tries to deal with the enormity of eye prothesis his loss. A touch of black humour conveys this depiction, which is both poignant and essay want to be a nurse, mocking. Art ridicules the father’s neurotic obsession with pills and death; it also seems impossible for Vladek to have a fulfilling relationship with Mala because of the grief over his wife and Plan of Study, the traumas that still beset him. Vladek imagines that Mala is stealing his money; he imagines her screams upon his deathbed: “I want the money.

The money. The money”. (129). The Holocaust narrative. Despite his anxiety at trying to convey the complexity of the to be Nazi occupation, Spiegelman achieves an amazingly simple portrayal of the power and brutality of the Gestapo and the impotence and emasculation of the eye prothesis Jews. The visual images whereby Spiegelman anthropomorphizes the main protagonists endow the narrative with a sense of childlike simplicity and directness. However, the animalistic imagery also gives an impression of the essay want to be wild jungle. On Frederick Douglass? (In Dachau they are like “wild animal they would fight until there was blood.”) The cat-like Gestapo with their gruesome expressions, often with hats and overcoats and usually with batons or guns, dominate many of the images as an omnipotent, evil force that robs the Jews of humanity.

For example, in Solniewic, when the why i a nurse Jews are marched to work “every day” for “about an hour and Plan of Study, a half” the cats, in black uniform, are quick to beat them. Typically, the mice-like compliant and why i to be a nurse, petrified Jews are completely dehumanized. The cats have vicious dogs which they use to essays on egyptian art, sniff out the Jews (113) Vladek’s direct narrative relates how the family skillfully foils both the dogs and the guards. A Nurse? “Even when they came with dogs to smell us out – and they knew that Jews are laying here – but still they couldn’t find.” (113) 210 In the Camp, the Gestapo – “finished” one guy off because he did not stand straight in essays art, the Appel. “I heard he pushed him down and jumped hard on a nurse, his neck”. Graphically, the powerful Gestapo stomps on a body. “He never anymore complained”. Only rarely did a guard have a heart and the one who did in Auschwitz was soon moved. Retaliation was difficult; if you killed one German they killed “fast a hundred from you” (233/239) Contrastingly, the Jews are portrayed as the faceless victims of the German pogrom; they are stigmatized and portrayed as vermin. One Jew carries a sign “I am a filthy Jew”. Emblazoned in the background, the swastika appears in a circular shape in four frames to highlight its overwhelming power and its allegedly honourable aim — to rid the essay answers towns of Jews, “This town is want to be Jew Free”. Once the rabbi departs, Vladek states, “I never heard again from him.

It came such a misery in Warsaw, almost none survived.” The Jews are often grouped together en masse to show their vulnerability and anonymity. To the Gestapo, their background, profession, age and reflective essay, gender are irrelevant. As Spiegelman would suggest, it is easier to bash to death contaminated vermin. It is harder, when such people have individual human dimensions. During one such evacuation, Jews are rolling on the ground like the “neighbour’s dog” (242). Children were treated just as, if not more, brutally. Why I? During one massacre, four young girls got hanged a “long, long time’. Jews are typically depicted as faceless animals, as vermin. The dangling legs of one such victim suggest that anybody could be tortured and killed.

Killing is an impersonal business. Born Essay? (p. 85). However, specific captions draw attention to personal characteristics to essay want a nurse, remind viewers that individuals, families and art, communities are being systematically destroyed. Many of the Jews hanging from the stake sport their respectable professional business attire. One is Mr Cohn who “had a goods store.” As such, Art critiques the German’s shameful tendency to stereotype or objectively categorise the Jews in order to exterminate them. At times, the graphics and numerous motifs are childlike in their simplicity as Spiegelman seeks to convey the complexity of the horror. Trains symbolise loss and displacement on a nurse, a grand scale.

They were used by the SS in their systematic attempt to rid the state of Jews and to essays, ship them to various destinations. In one image, the train is depicted as a long unending block of black colour transporting Vladek to Lublin where Jews could be summarily killed “in the streets!” (62) (Vladek cannot believe, when he is finally exchanged on the Swiss border, that there is a “train, not for cows and horses, but a real train to take passengers — a train for people!” (257) One of the most poignant moments in to be, Vladek’s recount is the separation from the parents of the young children, Lonia and Richieu. The parents feared that they would be killed if kept in Srodula and safer if sent to Zawiercie with Uncle Persis. Born Essay? The barbed wire (110) separates the young kids from the essay want to be a nurse parents as a reminder of the inhumanity of the regime. (“It was the last time ever we saw them; but that we couldn’t know”.) At that time the SS guards sent 1,000 people to Auschwitz; to stop the of july speech kids from screaming, the guards “swinged them by the legs against a wall…” and “they never anymore screamed”. (110) Sadly, Tosha poisoned herself and the kids because she refused, stoically, not to be sent to the gas chambers. The father is depicted as a kind, compassionate and innovative creator — a portrayal which at times contrasts with the older Vladek who appears domineering and unhelpful. During his war-time experiences in Poland, if Vladek doesn’t have a skill he invents it to survive; he becomes a tinman, carpenter and shoemaker in Auschwitz.

He was always friendly and charming; he always found someone at the last resort who would help him, share food with him, or shelter him. Essay Want To Be A Nurse? In Dachau, the French prisoner shares food received from the Red Cross with Vladek — “it saved my life” (253) Both he and Anja used their language skills to advantage; Anja taught Mol ‘s son German; Vladek was often teaching the Kapo or guards English. On Egyptian? He was always confident, and, resourcefully exploited situations to his advantage. During his sessions with the psychologist, Art agonises over the fact that it was not necessarily the best people who survived, but that good ones did survive, often despite themselves. (205) Vladek is an excellent example of the resilient and resourceful survivor, whose luck runs mostly in essay, his direction. He saves everything, because food scraps are so precious. He uses their precious gems as barter, but those who buy and sell on the black market are routinely hanged.

It is again a question of luck. As Vladek’s story shows, much depends upon making the right decision at the right time. For example, when he and Anja hide in Mrs Kawka’s farm (Szopienice) 20 kms from Sosnowiec he must catch the tram back into the city, to Plan of Study, the Dekerta courtyard. Vladek states that he alights in the front car with the Germans and Officials where they paid no attention. “In the essay why i a nurse polish car they could smell if a Polish Jew came in” (142). The comic image shows the buy juliet differences in the two compartments of the streetcar with German officials parading in essay a nurse, the second. Essays On Egyptian? (At Mrs Motonowa’s, after her husband’s return, they stay in essay to be a nurse, the cellar with big rats and live on candy for three days, p. 150 .) At least the rats won’t kill you; they learn to be “happy even to have these conditions”. The children were often the biggest dangers, yelling at Jews whenever they saw someone suspicious. They were indoctrinated: “be careful. A Jew will catch you in a bag and eat you.” (151) During the evacuation, Vladek was lucky to be one of only buy juliet schor, 25 of 200 Jews who got out of the train alive (245).) (However, Vladek makes an extremely costly error that leads to the end of the road – Auschwitz. Essay Why I To Be A Nurse? Anya suspected the smugglers but for once Vladek let down his guard. His nephew Abraham’s letter reassured them that they would get to eye prothesis, Hungary, but later in Auschwitz he revealed that he wrote the letter under threat of death.

Ironically, Vladek’s brother Miloch was living in much worse conditions: almost in essay why i, a garbage bunker, but survived the war when he moved to Mrs Motonowa’s cellar after Vladek and essay, Anja left. (155)) Vladek’s clear and simple narrative constantly punctuates the stark horror of the graphic images reminding readers of the sheer terror and heartache of the victims as they are hurled onwards towards Hitler’s final solution. Arriving at Auschwitz and confronted by essay why i, the slogan “Arbeit Macht Frei”, Vladek is aware that their chances of survival are minimal despite their valiant attempts to resist: “And we knew that from here we will not come out anymore”. Such simple statements ring true given the brutal depiction of the SS-cats wielding batons, the leaping dogs and the locked train carriages which tower over the helpless Jew holding up his arms in a surrender. Another caption states, “we knew everything, and here we were” to reinforce again the inevitable march towards oblivion; it is a picture of evil. (159) The double width frame of the essays screaming Jews tell of their unspeakable pain at being burned alive. “And the fat from the burning bodies they scooped and poured again so everyone could burn better.” (232). The beginning of Vladek’s story also presents the parallel love story between the parents as Anja replaces Lucia as preferred fiance. Vladek sustained his wife, especially after the death of family members. She was devastated to have lost most of her family and “now they’ll take Lolek”. She lies completely dejected on the bed; Vladek’s face is why i want a nurse omitted from the top of the graphic to show her inconsolable state (124) He urges her, “to die, it’s easy” but you have to struggle for life! .. Essay Douglass Of July Speech? We must struggle together. I need you.” He promises and convinces her, “And you’ll see that together we’ll survive.” (124).

During this sequence of statements, Vladek’s face becomes increasingly larger until he dominates the essay want clip and suggests hope and courage (124). The high-angled long shot of Vladek and Anja walking hand in questions crucible, hand along a road configured as a swastika (127) shows their solidarity against to be a nurse an invincible enemy. The confusion, the hopelessness, (“Anja and styles, I didn’t have where to go”) and the constant danger that beset them both provide the dramatic tension in the narrative. The love story becomes particularly poignant when Anja and Vladek are separated in essay why i want to be, Auschwitz and Birkenau. Manci intervenes only essay on frederick douglass of july, because she is touched by their love. Anja was in Birkenau with 800 people in a building made for 50 horses, just a “death place” (211) the news makes them all sob.

Mancie helped pass messages between Anja and Vladek and he sends food. “You always arrange miracles” 217. He received a beating such as the likes that would have killed Anja, just for talking to a prisoner/his wife. (217) The Jews are often examined; lined up as skeletons – naked and bony and separated. (218) The gas chambers are often referred to euphemistically as “the other side” (218). Essay Why I? The big ugly face of the essay questions answers Guard seeks to intimidate them all during the “Appel”; the friends do not betray her. “You can IMAGINE what she went through”. During a typical “Selektion” (the use of German terms throughout Maus suggests that there is no translation for essay why i to be a nurse, their unique agenda of genocide) the dangerously thin Vladek escapes to the toilet to avoid examination. (227) (Manci protected Anja who ended up in Ravensbruck and back in essay on frederick, Sosnowiec before Vladek, crying each day as she waits and checks with the Jewish Organisation.) Art depicts their reunion as a happily resolved love story. Why I To Be A Nurse? “Everybody around was crying together with us”. “We were both very happy and lived happy, happy ever after”. And he finally addresses Art as Richieu, dreaming of his lost son. (296), suggesting the beginning of the trauma. The character of Vladek in Germany contrasts with his post-war story in America. In Germany, Vladek has always an essay answers crucible ‘amazingly present minded and resourceful’ person, both during the war and the present day in which the comic was set. However, he becomes stingy to essay want a nurse, the painful shame of Plan of Study both Art and Mala. For example, Vladek always saved cigarettes and tried to return the groceries and a nurse, even “partially eaten food” to eye prothesis, ‘Shop-rite’ (249). Essay Why I To Be A Nurse? Such as when he boasts that he received six dollars worth of new groceries for only one dollar, His character often seems to change little; it is of july rather the environment and the society’s standards that change.

One of Vladek’s most enduring memories is that he survived because “I saved” and this somehow troubles Art as he recognizes the caricature of the stingy Jew, which he also, conveniently, sets up for ridicule. Mala believes that it causes him “physical pain to part with money”. Essay Want To Be A Nurse? As a writer, Art is also acutely aware that his father “is like the racist caricature of the miserly old Jew”. (Accordingly, Art exploits but ridicules the reflective essay on learning styles father’s miserly habits in an attempt to personalise the stereotype.) However, Mala notes that it’s not necessarily the essay why i to be camp that has made him miserly as many of the Plan of Study Jews who had similar experiences did not end up so profligate. Why I? (Art despairs of his father’s efforts to fix the drainpipe; he climbs on the roof and Plan of Study, nearly has an accident (p.98).) The blending of the past into the present is often reinforced by a palimpsest technique. The four girls who were hanged were also good friends of essay to be a nurse Anja. Art’s car in the foreground seamlessly passes the hanging bodies. (239) Likewise the essay on frederick douglass fourth speech grid of fifteen boxes peels away to reveal an aerial shot of Auschwitz dominated by the black smoke. Why I Want? (211) The palimpsest is symbolic of a variety of forms of essays on egyptian art separation, although the past seeps into essay want to be, the present.

The narrative of the buy juliet schor nine remaining frames focuses on the parents’ separation as Vladek outlines the plain, historical facts of the two camps, Auschwitz and Birkenau (211). Essay Want? However, the black band between Art and Vladek in the panels also reinforces the separation between father and son; their roles as interviewer and interviewee become symbols of the gulf forged by their different experiences. Ironically, both are now separated from mother and wife through her suicide, the shadow of which becomes the most traumatic reminder of the bleeding of the born buy juliet schor past. Self as protagonist. Art’s parallel story shifts the emphasis to the aftermath, the consequences and the effects on essay want to be a nurse, the people, e specially as Art would be aware of the fact that there are already numerous texts dealing with the horror. The incorporation of self as protagonist in reflective on learning styles, the comic enables him to elaborate on the Jewish population’s ‘ceaseless’ battle. More importantly however, Art’s inclusion in essay why i want a nurse, the comic gives him the opportunity to express his own personal guilt as to essays on egyptian art, whether or not he should be prospering from his ‘presumptuous’ comic and his anxiety about the enormity of the task. “I can’t even make any sense out of my relationship with my father. How am I supposed to make any sense out of Auschwitz”. (174) Art explores the consequences of growing up with such a miserly father, who has been irrevocably influenced and psychologically warped by the experience of horror. Why I? By inserting his own feelings and experiences into the story, there is always a direct or implied comparison. By presenting the parallel experiences of questions crucible father and why i want to be a nurse, son, Art suggests that as a son, removed from the holocaust experiences, his experiences will always pale into insignificance.

In other words, anything he achieves is dwarfed in comparison by the father’s achievements of survival Auschwitz. “No matter what I accomplish, it doesn’t seem like much compared to surviving Auschwitz”. (204) As a result it is just as much a personal journey of discovery and essays on egyptian, growing up as it is a story about horror and instruction. Immediately in the prologue, Art foregrounds his relationship with his father to want, focus on the difficulties of growing up in essay, families dominated by holocaust victims and the transference of emotional and psychological scars. We are constantly reminded throughout the comic that “my father’s ghost still hangs over essay why i want a nurse, me,” and later, that the eye prothesis father “took his guilt out on you”. As an eight-year old, Art is essay want to be deserted and humiliated by friends whilst rollerskating in the street. The father offers advice to Art that is based on Plan of Study, his traumatic experiences during the holocaust. In the essay want a nurse caption, spanning the double-width frame, Vladek states, “if you lock them together in questions, a room with no food for a week … then you could see what it is friends!” The father seems unable to comfort Art because of their different and unbridgeable experiences of “friendship” and horror. (Later, readers become aware of the why i to be parents’ attempt to survive three days on a small amount of candy, or their attempt to ward off hunger by nibbling wood shavings — a testimony to the parents’ strength and friendship.) In a close-up shot, Art exaggerates the father’s saw and his work to depict a fractured relationship owing to the father’s evasion through distracting physical work. (Perhaps showing his obsession to constantly “fix” things.) Another close-up shot reminiscent of born buy juliet schor essay a fireplace-crematorium becomes just a small element in the long-shot picture of historical prison-like conditions that dwarf the prisoners.

Art and his father are reduced to an insignificant margin in to be, the background suggesting that their relationship is essays dwarfed by the father’s traumatic holocaust experiences. However, the father advises Art to develop resilience by essay want to be, placing his own experiences into perspective. That Art’s childhood experiences are insignificant compared with his father’s becomes the subject of his discussion with Pavel, the psychologist, thus showing that Art does indeed ruminate frequently over this sense of disadvantage.) Art’s relationship with his father. Art’s conflicting emotions fuelled by overwhelming guilt are evident in the varied motifs and the combination of on frederick of july imagery and captions. The crux of the psychologist’s diagnosis, “he took his guilt out on why i, you”, alludes to a real and impenetrable psychological barrier between father and son that prevents a secure and trustworthy relationship. Art visits a psychologist (wearing a mask) to help him deal with his personal trauma; this suggests that he too has suffered the consequences of his parents’ horror; he has born the brunt of his mother’s depression who is clearly unable to deal with the hidden ghosts and killed herself in May 1968. Art embeds the comic strip that was done for essay questions answers, “an obscure underground comic book” which Vladek inadvertently found. The very dark tonal shades of the why i a nurse graphics in “Prisoner of the Hell Planet” reveals Art’s sense of suffocation as he struggles to eye prothesis, deal with his father’s overbearing personality and essay to be, his mother’s depression and eventual suicide in essays on egyptian art, May 1968. As Art comments, his father’s guilt strangles and essay want to be a nurse, challenges him — the psychologist says he “took his guilt out on YOU, where it was safe … on the REAL survivor” (204).

Entitled “Prisoner on the Hell Planet; a case history”, the short comic reveals a significantly different artistic style. Starting with a simple, poignant photo of mother and son as if from a family snapshot album, the comic strips are incredibly dark as Art delves into his subconscious grief. The captions are almost typewritten in perfect script. A string of on egyptian art half faces with a tear is essay why i interrupted by the grim reaper type figure: “She’s dead. A suicide. I felt angry, I felt numb. Essays On Egyptian Art? I didn’t exactly feel like crying, but figured I should.” The striped pyjamas again signal the concentration camps and essay want, the son’s guilt looms large. In the panel of Art’s last conversation with Anja, after trying to essays on egyptian, reassure her that he still loved her, “[he] turned away, resentful of the way she tightened the umbilical cord.” (105). This caption, juxtaposed with the imagery of want a nurse Art, himself wearing an Auschwitz inmate’s uniform and advising Anja that she has “committed the perfect crime,” reinforces his psychological vulnerability. She “shorted all my circuits … cut my nerve endings .. and essays, crossed my wires”.

Furthermore, the essay why i to be a nurse motif of Richieu’s photographs display a constant reminder that Art can never assuage the horrors of his parents, nor can he replace their “ideal” son, Richieu.” The parents were in such shock about his death that they followed the vaguest of on frederick of july rumours searching orphanages throughout Europe (175). Essay Want To Be A Nurse? “it was an idea kid and eye prothesis, I was a pain in the ass. Want To Be? I couldn’t compete” (175). The photo was a kind of fourth of july “reproach” (“spooky having sibling rivalry with a photograph”. Not only can he not compete with a sibling who does not have tantrums, but he rationalises his guilt (“I never felt guilty about Richieu”) (176); instead he has nightmares about gas coming out of the want to be a nurse showers and wishes he could have been in Auschwitz so he would have experienced the horror. Plan Of Study? “I guess it’s some kind of guilt about having had an easier life than they did.” (176) Evidently, guilt swirls everywhere in essay, the graphic novel claiming more victims after Auschwitz. Art as a writer/comic artist. The artist reflects Vladek’s command, “so now you can know what happened and eye prothesis, God forbid we must never let this should never happen again.” Art’s sense of indignity looms large as he retells the stories of the ‘victims who can never tell their side of the story’. “It’s an why i a nurse important book. Born Buy Juliet Essay? People who don’t usually read such stories will be interested”. The father professes that even he is interested in comics, although he does not read them and predicts the son will be as famous as “Walt Disney” (135).

However, as writer and artist, Art is necessarily caught in an ambiguous situation, whereby to tell the essay want to be stories of the victims he also feels he is exploiting their story and Plan of Study, their horror. He does not want to benefit, but if he is to successfully capture their story then it will lead to success for the artist. Guilt swirls in the comic strip. He mocks the essay fact that it should have a message, and that everyone should feel “forever” guilty. “My father’s ghost still hangs over me.” He tried to be “fair” whilst he also shows “how angry I was”. (204) Maybe the father felt guilty about surviving and he “took his guilt out on you”; maybe Art is essay on learning styles guilty because nothing can be compared with Auschwitz; he feels guilty proving his father wrong about essay why i want a nurse his success. Buy Juliet Schor Essay? He also agonises over how to why i want to be a nurse, visualize such horror. Buy Juliet Schor? “My father worked in a nurse, a tin shop near the camp. I have no idea what kind of tools and stuff to draw. There’s no documentation”. (206) Art feels that he is wrongfully prospering from his presumptuous ‘critical and commercial success’ which was made achievable by essay of july, ‘over 100,000 Hungarian Jew who were gassed in Auschwitz’. Art realises that he ‘can’t begin to imagine what it felt like’ in the hellish prisons and warzones, how it would feel to why i want a nurse, lose the love of your life, and also how it would feel like to survive the answers war; yet he still publishes this comic which shows his second-hand understanding of the war. Art’s shrinking figure, smothered by the media pack, symbolizes his sense of entrapment, but he rationalizes that he did not exploit every possible business proposition.

However, he does feel ‘completely messed up’ at essay to be the thought of ‘walking on top of dead bodies’ to complete his comic. He was given lucrative deals, offered 50 per cent of the profits, but he just “wants my Mommy”. (202) The artistic son. Guilt manifests in the depiction of the disrespectful and selfish son. There are numerous occasions in the comic where Art harshly characterizes his insolent attitude towards his father. For example, Art ‘promised’ Vladek that he would not write about ‘such private things’ between Vladek and Lucia; and eye prothesis, Art also impatiently interrupts Vladek’s process of organizing his important medicine just so Vladek would tell him about Anja. Furthermore, Art consistently smokes inconsiderately in the presence of his frail and ageing father. It is why i not until after Vladek passed away that Art begins to reminisce and regret his negligence.

Art will always feel as though his ‘father hangs over’ him. However, in the end a guilt-ridden Art also feels that he may have contributed to the deterioration of his father’s death and wonders whether he was a worthy son and whether he deserves the on learning success, which is a nurse heaped upon the Pulitzer Prize winning author. Samuel Beckett once said, “every word is like an unnecessary stain on eye prothesis, silence and nothingness.”

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -
Why Do I Want to Be a Nurse? Narrative Essay Example - AskPetersen

3 Types of Essays Are Models for Professional Writing Forms. The three types of essay most commonly assigned in school #8212; the narrative essay, the persuasive essay, and the expository essay #8212; conveniently correspond to why i want to be those writing forms most frequently published online and in print. Your experience with these prose forms is ideal preparation for writing for born essay publication. This form, employed when reporting about an event or an incident, describing an experience, or telling a story, is the want a nurse basic mode in journalistic writing. Practice in relating what happened when you witnessed an occurrence, or writing about what you were told by someone who witnessed it, is douglass, good training for becoming a newspaper reporter. Writing your recollections of essay why i a nurse something that happened to you is the basis of travel writing and similar content. Meanwhile, effective storytelling is an essential skill for feature writing, which #8212; as opposed to reporting, which is event driven #8212; focuses on a person, a place, or a thing, such as a company or an organization. (Travel writing, actually, is on frederick douglass fourth of july, a hybrid of all three forms of essay writing.) Many magazine articles, for example, and a number of nonfiction books, are basically profiles of one of these types of essay want to be a nurse entities, and fiction writing, of course, is a form of narrative, albeit one that is invented or based on a real-life subject. In this type of essay, the writer attempts to convince readers to agree with an opinion. In a traditional persuasive essay, the writer states the essay’s topic and organizational scheme clearly and questions crucible, concisely, then emphasizes and clarifies the topic’s significance by briefly mentioning the current event or recent publication, for why i want to be example, that prompted the eye prothesis writer to essay a nurse discuss the topic.

The rest of the piece consists of the writer’s argument in favor or in criticism of a position. This persuasion can take the form of a scholarly critique or a review of a creative effort such as a live or recorded performance (for example, a music album) or a work in some medium (a film, for instance). In either case, the writer begins with a thesis, or statement to essay questions answers crucible be proven, summarizes the position (or the plot or theme of a work of art), and provides further detail as necessary to amplify the essay’s points. An essential component of essay why i a formal persuasive essay is reflective essay, a balanced discussion of an opposing viewpoint, while an informal review might include a mention of essay why i want to be a nurse what an essays on egyptian, artist was attempting to accomplish by performing or creating and, for the sake of courtesy, could refer to essay why i a nurse how the artist succeeded in part even if the buy juliet schor reviewer believes that the work is why i want to be, ultimately unsatisfactory. Persuasive essays, like narrative essays, can be submitted for Plan of Study publication. Guest editorials in newspapers and essay want to be, magazines, reviews in the art sections of essay douglass fourth of july speech periodicals or on to be, entertainment-oriented Web sites, or position statements for nonprofit organizations or political lobbying groups are all forms of persuasive writing that publishers of this content will pay for.

Expository writing can take the eye prothesis form of a how-to manual or other form of instruction, an explanation of a natural or technological process (an outline of the evaporation cycle, for example, or how to rebuild a car engine), a comparison of two similar subjects #8212; though this form overlaps with the persuasive essay #8212; or a discursion on a historical event or on future possibilities. This last variation also has elements in common with narrative or persuasive writing, and in a sense, none of these types of writing is entirely exclusive. Therefore, if you, like almost all current or former students, have had experience with these forms of essay writing, you’ve already been trained (and, hopefully, coached) in how to write professionally. Want To Be. And if you already do so, be confident that you can easily apply your skill in one form to taking on another: If you write position papers, you have no excuse not to move into instructional writing, if that’s what you want to do. Similarly, if you make a living explaining things in writing, don’t hesitate to explore fiction or nonfiction narrative writing if it appeals to you. Subscribe to Receive our Articles and douglass fourth of july, Exercises via Email. You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed! Subscribers get access to essay a nurse our exercise archives, writing courses, writing jobs and much more! You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free! Try It Free Now.

5 Responses to Plan of Study #8220;3 Types of Essays Are Models for Professional Writing Forms#8221; Urikee Tjazapi (Namibia) on April 19, 2012 11:00 am. I find the why i want to be persuasive Essay more inetesting then the other two , cause they are not convincing the reflective essay on learning reader, people have became so scientific that anything they read or hear must be persuasive to thier ears. but any way i strongly support your website for the great job they are doing for some of us who are so far away from information. Rejetta McDaniel on January 12, 2012 4:11 pm. I really appriciate this website. i have learned some ensitefull writing information. I feel strongly that I can go forward with the information that I have gained today. Francisco Fernandes (Angola) on June 22, 2011 6:20 am.

I#8217;ve been learning so much from you. Many people who got some skills like mechanics are ileterate people, essencially in my continente, so that they would provide expository essays to essay why i want a nurse drivers. Born Buy Juliet Schor Essay. Sorry!#8230; In my country capital city you find full of broken cars. May I add that a combination of essay types may also be a possible structure as well. Thanks for essay why i want to be the great information on essays.

I like narrative essays because you#8217;re telling a story. It seems more fun to born buy juliet write than the other two types of essays. Copyright 2017 Daily Writing Tips . All Right Reserved.

Custom Essay Writing Service -
Why I Want To Be A Nurse, Essay Sample - EssayBasics com

Some Reflections on why i to be a nurse, Lakota Language Structures. as looked at by a naive* non-Native. *The author, not a linguist of profession, but dealing with many different languages since about eye prothesis, half a century, is why i want a nurse, - and would like to essay questions answers crucible, be - 'naive' in the sense of not (i.e. no longer!) carry the burden of a eurocentrical-biased view on non-Western (e.g. Native) languages, as commonly experienced with Latin-based grammatical rules laid upon why i want a nurse, non-Indo-European languages. This - although amateurish - try to breaking out of the fenced-in ways of 'Weltanschauung' was favoured (or even made possible!) by buy juliet dealing and experimenting with the Conlang Lojban for some years, which initially had been created for the only want a nurse, purpose to scholarly prove the so-called Sapir-Whorf hypothesis of Plan of Study, language influencing human thought and - even - perception of the world around us.

The Conlang Lojban (le logji bangu - 'the Logical Language') has been modeled in essay quite some essential features after Native languages such as Nootka (Nuu-chah-nulth), Navajo etc. (so, obviously, sharing - at least some - common traits with the Siouan tongues, too). In Lakota language, an eye prothesis, utterance is basically composed by why i to be 'parts of eye prothesis, speech' Western linguists commonly are calling 'verbs'. At a closer look, these 'verbs' always can stand for entire 'sentences'. Roughly speaking, Western linguists commonly devide these parts in want so-called 'stative verbs' and 'active verbs' (the latter subdivided in intransitives and buy juliet essay, transitives) - yet, with regard to the considerations dealt with here and why i want, their very purpose, it is buy juliet essay, preferable to quickly forget these terms for essay a nurse, some time. It seems that, basically, these units are all of the same kind, e.g.:

Lakota word in questions crucible traditional transcription (I.) Lakota word in NetSiouan transcription to essay why i want to be, indicate pronunciation (II.) Moreorless* (see below) literal rendition (III.) English translation (IV.) English equivalent according to Western nomenclature (V.) It seems that first of all - unlike in Latin grammar-based understanding - there is no distinction made between 'nouns' and 'verbs' ('adjectives', 'adverbs' etc.) , which is highly uncommon and Plan of Study, hard to imagine for most people raised and essay why i, 'living' in Western thinking. (As far as can be seen, the linguistic approach here is rejected by on egyptian Siouan grammar books most probably due to why i to be a nurse, the fact that these are the schor, works of why i a nurse, linguists rooted in Western concepts of language - are there any Native linguists not raised in English as their first language? Parts of questions answers crucible, speech called 'nouns' conceptually are referring to 'things' allowing 'names' to be tagged on essay, them ('noun' fr.

Latin 'nomen' = name). Although, of course, there are nouns also given to immaterial topics like events, philosophical concepts and ideas, uttered words etc., one 'deeply feels' that nouns are 'things' thought of to eye prothesis, in principle being able to be touched with our hands. It is essay why i to be a nurse, other than 'natural' and intuitive for us to imagine that the concept of styles, e.g. 'house' is grammatically not different from. say, 'live'. On the want a nurse, other hand, there nevertheless are - be they few, though - comparable concepts also in essay douglass fourth speech Western languages - e.g. 'rain' (the rain/to rain) in English. There is why i, no semantic difference saying there is rain and it rains! In e.g. Born Buy Juliet Schor Essay. Italian and Romanian, not even the essay why i, 'subject' _it_ is eye prothesis, needed, it's simply piove or plouã - just like Lakota _magazu_ [mag^a'z^u] which is a complete sentence too, with the meaning it was/is raining or there was/is rain (or even 'rain' - if regarded conventionally as a 'noun'). In German, there is a noun 'Haus' (house), but also a verb 'hausen' (to house) with the meaning 'to live/dwell' (with a maybe slightly pejorative connotation of dwelling under not too comfortable local circumstances in today's language). What it does not mean, though, is there _is_ a house/_are_ houses comparable to the 'rain' example. But a connotation like this is attested for at least some Native tongues - and, of want, course, the Conlang lojban with _zdani_ - to-be-a-house/to-be-houses -, e.g. ti zdani - this is-a-house/these are-houses, vu zdani - there is-a-house yonder/there are-houses yonder, where the eye prothesis, so-called gismu 'zdani' doesn't differ from any other Lojban gismu like e.g. 'klama' (to go/come), neither in outer appearance nor syntactical use.

Now, these Lakota one-word sentences already have, say, 'pointers' built-in - or better, understood - to indicate what 'participant(s)' is/are involved in what the word's semantic contents denotes. So, - as seen above - _ waste _ e.g. is a relation telling of essay why i to be, him, her or it to be/having been 'good' or 'beautiful', where the one referred to is not explicitely expressed in essay on frederick douglass fourth speech the word, but understood. This is just the why i want a nurse, way _wicasa_ tells us of a certain him (rather than of a her or it in this case) to be a 'man' (i.e. an adult male), just like the essay answers crucible, small sentence _hi_ has to essay want, be understood that a certain he, she or it has arrived here or, in essay answers the case of the sentence _kte_ has killed a certain him, her or it , respectively. (Just notice that in Lakota, these parts of why i want, speech all are having a slight flavour of past rather than present tense, whereas the future is indicated otherwise - see below). When these tiny sentences are to tell us of more than just one single he - she - it involved, this usually has to Plan of Study, be indicated by an other grammatical 'word' or unit that is following after. Want To Be. This unit is _pi_ and can be called a 'plural marker' because telling us that the one referred to essay, is not a singleton. Want. (Little words like these often are named enclitics which is Greek meaning about 'to lean on' because - although regarded as a separate unit and mostly written separately - they're uttered together with the preceding one-word sentence as if attached to essay questions answers crucible, it or 'leaning on' it and forming one word.) So e.g. Essay A Nurse. _waste pi_ tells us of certain thems to fourth of july speech, being 'good' or 'beautiful' ones, which can be translated as They were/are good/beautiful. This is essay want a nurse, similar to _wicasa pi_ (they were/are men), _hi pi_ (they have arrived here - [and are here, now]) or _kte pi_ (they have killed him/her/it ) Other 'participants' like I - you - we - you all are not already 'built-in' so one has to slightly alter the buy juliet, one-word sentences in order to point to them. Doing this, the default reference is no longer valid. This alteration is done by essay why i to be a nurse glueing small particles to the one-word sentence in essay on frederick douglass of july front of the word or inside of it (BTW, that's why these Native tongues are often talked of why i a nurse, as being 'incorporative'). So, _kte_ ( s/he, it killed him, her, it ) can be changed to now mean I killed him, her, it by adding the particle _wa-_ to it, thus getting the Lakota sentence _ wakte_ . (In Latin-based grammars, these particles usually are called affix which in Latin is about 'to add/fix to smth'; if it's inserted in the word, it is eye prothesis, called infix instead.)

This particle - and essay, others of the essay fourth of july speech, kind ( see below ) are to refer to the agent of the why i a nurse, one-word sentence, i.e. who is related in kind of questions crucible, a causative sense to the action or event it denotes, or more simply expressed, its doer or performer. (*the sentences _ un kte_ and _ un kte pi _ are ambiguous: they also can be translated as s/he, it killed you me and s/he, it killed us /they killed us , respectively!) But in the basic sentences _kte_ ( s/he, it killed him/her/it ) and _kte pi_ ( they have killed him/her/it ) also the second kind of essay why i want to be, participants involved can be expressed in order to point to a patient different from the default him/her/it . The so-called patient is regarded as the participant to whom the action or event denoted by the basic one-word sentence is related to, i.e., here in the case of _kte_ , the essay, one who is essay want a nurse, killed. The small particles glued to the one-word sentence (i.e. the affixes or infixes - see above! ) must be different from those for the agents shown above. Essays On Egyptian Art. So, in order to to be a nurse, e.g. express that it is me that was killed, the basic sentence _kte_ ( s/he, it killed him/her/it ) has to be altered by adding the little part _ma-_ to eye prothesis, it: _makte_ ( s/he, it killed me ). (*the sentences _ un kte_ and essay want, _ un kte pi _ are ambiguous - see above! ) Of course, it is born schor, possible to essay a nurse, denote both kinds of participants, i.e. Essays On Egyptian. agent(s) and patient(s) in why i want a sentence like this, thus using both sets of small particles ( affixes/infixes ) shown above. (And there are still some others not presented so far!) There is a special particle expressing the on frederick fourth of july, relationship of I-agent/you-patient which is _-ci-_ [-chi-] and still one more (for the moment!) that is _wica-_ [wicha'] , pointing to a - so-called 'animate' - patient in plural see below! ) Note: In these cases, the particle pointing to the patient always precedes the essay want a nurse, one pointing to born schor, the agent ! Exception is _un-_ [uN] , which comes first (except for _wica-_ [wicha'] ) There are still other forms, e.g. the reflective where the why i to be a nurse, particle _-ic'i-_ [ich'i] (= self ) has to Plan of Study, be prefixed or infixed.

In these cases the patient particles have to be added. Note that the a nurse, particle _-ma-_ undergoes a change in his vowel (ma-ic'i -kte - m-ic'i- kte ) and after _un-_ a _-k-_ is inserted! Whereas 'words' like _kte_ able to take particles for agents and patients, by Western linguists usually are called active transitive verbs , there are other so-called active verbs, words that only can take particles for agents because there are no patients (or objects) to be affected by eye prothesis the agent respective - therefore also called intransitive . Essay Want A Nurse. These are words/sentences like _hi_ ( s/he, it comes/arrives here; to arrive here): * Different from the essay questions crucible, so-called distributive _hi pi_ , _ahi_ is used for a collective e.g. a family or a body of essay, warriors etc. Finally, there still are words/sentences like _waste_ or _wicasa_ - see above! - which, as it appears, in on frederick douglass principle are of the same kind. Although according traditional Western nomenclature _waste_ could be thought of as an essay why i want, adjective or adverb (good/nice/beautiful) and _wicasa_ (adult male/human) as a noun , they rather can be regarded as kind of 'verbs'. Thus, Western linguists name words like _waste_ by the term stative verb (yet, the on frederick of july speech, _wicasa_ kind obviously not?). The specialty here is that both kinds only can have patient particles added (but not the ones - shown above - indicating agents !).

For native speakers (i.e. Why I To Be A Nurse. 'thinkers') of Western languages, this is not too intuitive to getting along with. So, it shall be tried to essays on egyptian art, give a somewhat 'paralleling' model of circumlocution in English for essay to be a nurse, that, just to give a slight idea of what these constructions might be 'thought' in a Dakotan mind set. So e.g. _ ma waste _ [ma-wa'shte] could be thought of as, say, [ being-good-is-in-reference-to/pertained-by -me ] etc., and _ wi ni casa_ [wi-ni'-cha-sha] likewise as [ being-an-adult-male-is-in-reference-to/pertained-by -you ] etc. * The reduplicated form _wasteste_ is used to indicate plurality for inanimates (how Latin-based grammars would tell us), i.e. non-humans and non-animals like trees, rocks, candies etc. The terms animates , inanimates however don't seem to questions answers, reflect Dakota spirituality. The Latin word animus (cf. English animal !) means breath, soul etc. which, in Native thinking, also might apply to trees and rocks etc., because comprised by the term takuye oyas'in (all is related).

The Dakota expression for English animal(s) however is essay want a nurse, drawing a different line of distinction from e.g. trees, rocks etc.: it is _wamakaskan_ [wa-ma'-kxa-shkaN] meaning what-moves-on-the-earth. There are still other, different kinds of words (in the European sense) which in essay crucible Lakota are all of the same type as shown above, e.g.: - Numerals - which are adjectives , adverbs or nouns in English (the first man, to be second , the one etc.): Lakota: _ tokahe_ [txoka'he] ( s/he, it is first), _ un yamni pi _ [uN-ya'mni-pi] (we are three), _waniyetu wikcemna sakpe a ma keyamni_ [wa-ni'-ye-tu wi-kce'-mna sha'kpe a-ma'-ke-ya-mni] (I am sixty three 'winters'). (In Lojban, BTW, numerals are articles : _ ci ninmu_ [shi ni'nmu] - three women.) - non-addressing kinship terms - which are nouns in European languages (e.g. my father, their grandfather. ) Lakota: _ate wa ye_ [ate'-wa-ye] (about: I made/call him father), _tunkasilaya pi_ [txunka'shila-ya-pi] (about: they made/call him grandfather). The Lakota Basic Sentence slightly modified.

to achieve different shades of want a nurse, meaning. These particles have manyfold functions, below are just a few examples for answers crucible, it. These particles very often denote by what means or where an event or action is performed. (mni) o wicakte (. killed them in [the] (water) - a name) There are many more such particles that alter the why i want, meaning of words/basic sentences; here, just some more examples of how words are built in order to create new expressions: Q: He otunwahe kin el tuktel owotetipi wanzi han hwo? (Where is on frederick fourth, a restaurant in this town?) A: Ka wiglioinanzi kin hel isakib wanzi he. (There's one right near the gas station over there.) _ti pi_ (lit.: they dwell - to be a lodge/house), _ wote _ (lit.: s/he, it ate smth - to eat), this is irregular from essay why i to be a nurse _yutA_ (wate, yate, yute: I, you, s/he, it ate it ) with the generic object particle _wa-_ prefixed: wa-yute - wote (to eat food), and the locative particle _ o- _ glued to the beginning of the entire expression. _wigli-o-i-na-zi_ [wi'gli-o-i'-na-ji] (about:where-it-stands-upright-with) _wigli_ (grease, fat - gasoline), _ zi_ [ji'] (s/he, it is erect/upright) - _nazi_ (na+zi - lit.: to be upright by foot - 'to stand', plus _i_ and essays, _ o_ prefixed - see above . Like in every natural language, there has to be a drop of bitterness in why i want a nurse our wine of regularity! And as seen commonly, those parts of born buy juliet, speech used very often usually do not follow the simple regular rules. So let us give just a few examples to demonstrate other forms of expressing these one-word sentences, e.g. introducing the word _yA_ (to go): Note: the why i to be, capitalized A of eye prothesis, _yA_ is only to indicate that this vowel is 'changeable' due to different position within a n environment of other words or particles, usually it is pronounced and why i, spelled as _ -e _ . The so-called Y- and reflective essay on learning, 'nasal' conjugations (yA)

Notice that the 'irrealis' or future particle ( enclitic ) _kte_ (ktA) not only triggers the changeable vowel A to become _-i_ (in 1st and 2nd person singular, i.e. I, you ) but also the essay why i want, nasal _-iN_ (in 3rd p.s. and reflective essay, dual , i.e. s/he, it and you I ). Why I Want. Where there is the eye prothesis, plural particle ( enclitic ) _pi_ following directly, the vowel A - in principle! - is essay why i a nurse, left unchanged so no nasal conjugation is needed (see 1st to 3rd p. plural). Born Schor Essay. In 1st p. pl., the essay why i want a nurse, change from _-a_ to nasal _-aN_ is essays on egyptian, triggered by the particle ( prefix ) _un-_ . [The one-word sentence _yA_ (to go) might seem to have also become a particle ( suffix ) to essay want to be a nurse, express the idea of eye prothesis, 'to make/to cause/to have for/to regard as', cf. _kola yA _ [kxo-la'-yA] (to have for a best friend) e.g. Why I Want To Be. _kolaci ye _ (I-have- you-as-best friend - you're my 'kola') or _atewa ye _ (I-have-him-as-father - my father). Nevertheless, this _-yA_ - different from 'to go'! - takes the regular suffixes, so they might just be homophones and not be related at all. Yet anyway, it's a very important particle, and part of the word _slolyA_ (to know) too: _slolwaye_ (I know her/him/it), _slolyaye_ (you know her/him/it), _(he) slolye_ (s/he, it knows her/him/it) , . _(hena) slolya pi_ (they know her/him/it) etc. ] Now, just one more very common and important example with the word 'to go' included: It is 'to start for/to set out for', composed by the words _i_ (the opposite of _hi_ - see above ) with the meaning 'to arrive there' and _yA_ in duplication: _iyayA_. The Lakota Pattern of Topic Comment. All those one-word sentence words we have been dealing with up to now - see above - can be regarded as typical comments ! Yet, what then are topics ? Are there typical topic words, too? Yes, at least those kinds of words which are not sentences by themselves, like those already encountered above: _he_ and _hena_ ! In Lakota language (just like in many other Native tongues), space is devided in on frederick fourth of july speech three areas (compare Lojban _ti_, _ta_, _tu_ and _vi_, _va_, _vu_ ): _le_ [le'] - 'this one here' (within the to be a nurse, reach of reflective essay, one's hands) _lena_ [le-na'N] - 'these here' (within the reach of one's hands) _he_ [he'] - 'that one there' (within a distance of about six metres) _hena_ [he-na'N] - 'those there' (within a distance of essay to be, about six metres) _ka_ [ka'] - 'that one yonder ' (in a greater distance) _kana_ [kana'N] - 'those yonder ' (in a greater distance)

So, usually the words _he_ and _hena_ are used as topics in 3rd person (sing. and plur.) to express s/he, it and they respectively. Please be aware of essay on learning styles, that this grammatically is not necessary because redundant. Anyway, in a sentence like _he hi_ (he arrived here) or _hena hi pi_ (they arrived here) _he/hena_ is the topic (meaning 'this one/these ones') commented by the one-word sentence _hi_ (s/he, it/they have arrived her). Okay? So the basical topic-comment pattern is [as for: T] :: [C] structure in English. The comment sentence somehow refers to essay want to be a nurse, the topic to which it is related in Plan of Study some way. Why I A Nurse. In our examples, the topic redundantly denotes an agent/patient already expressed in the one-word sentence respectively. But, please do not assume that the topic words have always to be in a somewhat defined relationship to the comment 's 'subject' etc. Reflective Essay. as our examples might insinuate.

The topic part rather offers kind of a 'plate' for the comment sentence to choose from. As we will see later, there can be - and usually is - a whole bunch of topic words to essay, be referred to by the Plan of Study, agents and/or patients expressed or implied in the comment sentence. Moreover, there also can be 'phrases' (groups of words belonging together) in the topic part not already referred to in the comment sentence. Here, some more examples: structure in English. As for: t hat one :: S/he, it might kill us. So far, this doesn't seem to why i want to be a nurse, be something very important, already. Yet, not only answers, these tiny topic words like _le_ , _he_ etc. can serve as a topic but also any of those basic mini sentences we have been dealing with above!

We already learned that e.g. _wicasa_ is a complete sentence meaning he is an essay a nurse, adult male/a man, and essay of july, that I am a man is expressed as _wimacasa_ (about: being-a-man-is-pertaining-to me). Now, this idea can also be expressed with _wicasa_ put into the topic part of an utterance: here we have to use a second word (one-word sentence) which is _heca_ [he'cha] (about: be-of-such-kind/be-a-such). Hence: _wicasa hemaca_ [wicha'sha hema'cha] . _pezuta_ [pxeju'ta] (to-be-medicine) _wakanyeza_ [wakxa'Nyeja] (to-be-a kid/child) _tona_ [to'naN] is essay want to be, a so-called 'T-word' (question word) and of the on egyptian, same type as seen above, i.e. a complete one- word sentence with the meaning to-be-how-many (e.g. _(hena) tona pi hwo/he?_ - They're how many? _yuha_ (s/he it has him/her/it), e.g. Essay Why I To Be A Nurse. _bluha_ , _luha_ , . _unyuha_ , _unyuha pi_ , _luha pi_ , _yuha pi_ . _e_ (s/he, it is the Plan of Study, one), e.g. _miye_ , _niye_ , . _unkiye_ , _unkiye pi_ , _niye pi_ , _e pi_ . _sunkawakan_ [shu'n-ka-wa-kxa'N] (it-is-a-horse, lit. 'mystery/power dog'), _oyuspA_ (to catch/arrest), e.g. _obluspe_ , _oluspe_ , . To Be A Nurse. _unkoyuspa pi_ , _oluspa pi_ , _(hena) oyuspa pi_ . Remember: _ksto_ [kshto'] is the female form of a statement enclitic ( _yelo_ is the male form). structure in English.

As for: kid , those :: I have them - I have children. One important kind of on frederick of july, words are so-called topic markers following words other than 'innate' topic words like _le_ , _he_ etc., i.e. A Nurse. those little one-word sentences mainly dealt with up to now, in order to Plan of Study, indicate their syntactical function as a topic . Some of want to be, this new kind of 'little words' e.g. are the following: Most of the times when _kin_ or _wan_ follows a one-word sentence, this word can be regarded as if a noun in buy juliet schor Western languages (but not always! - see below ): So e.g. Essay To Be A Nurse. _wicasa kin_ [wicha'sha-kiN] usually can be looked at (and translated) as ' the eye prothesis, adult male/ the man', which is just the same with _sunkawakan wan_ [shu'NkawakxaN-waN] ( a/one horse) or _atewaye kin_ (lit.: the want to be a nurse, one-I-have-as-a-father - my father), _tunkasilayapi kin_ [txunka'shila-ya-pi-kiN] from: _tunkasilayA_ - have-as-a-grandfather (lit.: the one-they-have-as-a-grandfather - their grandfather - the US Government/the President of the United States of America). _winyan_ [wi'NyaN] (be-a-woman) _tehila_ [theh^i'la] (to love/be affectionate to smb) _anpetu_ [aNpe'tu] (to be day) - _anpetu kin le_ ('the day this here' - today) _itawa_ [itxa'wa] (to possess, own), _mitawa_ , _nitawa_ , _(he) tawa_ , _-untawa pi_ . ('I own him/her/it ' . Plan Of Study. ) _sunka_ [shu'Nka] (to be a dog), _sungmanitu_ [shu'Ngma'Nnitu] (to be a coyote, 'wilderness-dog') _Lakota_ [lakxo'ta] (be a Lakota, Native, Indian) _iyecinkiyanke_ [iye'-chiN-k-iNyaNke] (lit.: runs-by-itself, to be an want to be, automobile/car) _opetun_ [ophe'txuN] (s/he, it buyed it, to purchase) Translation to English. Usually, the subject of a comment's sentence refers to topic I , whereas an object is related to one of the following topics.

Yet, one should always keep in mind that this is not a strict rule, since there is only context to eye prothesis, decide where each of the built-in participants of the essay why i a nurse, comment sentence is pointing to! As mentioned already, topic words (and, as we will see, also phrases and answers crucible, sentences!) not only can be referred to essay why i, by comments subjects or direct objects (sorry for these grammatical expressions!), but also by so-called indirect objects and still other parts of answers, speech. To Be A Nurse. There are 'verbs' (one-word sentences) bearing the dative infix _ki_ or just having a dative notion from its semantic, e.g.: _k'u_ [k'u'] (s/he, it gives him/her/it to him/her/it, to give), e.g. _mak'u_ , _nik'u_ etc. (s/he, it gave it to buy juliet essay, me . to you etc.) _manun_ [maNnu'N] (to steal) - _ma ki nuN_ [ma-ki'-nuN] ( to essay, steal smth from smb ). These are also called ditransitive simply because being able to have/express three (and more) participants, e.g. the styles, giver(s), the one(s) given and the recipient(s) as seen above. Notice that one-word sentences - like _manun_ , here - can be made ditransitives by adding (incorporating) particles to to be a nurse, them - like the essay questions answers crucible, dative marker _-ki-_ or others seen above - so they can express more participants and essay to be a nurse, point to more topics directly.

In other words, one can create additional slots for objects. _ni_ [niN'] - s/he lived/lives - one participant. _niyA(N)_ - niye - s/he causes/caused to live; s/he, it breathes/breathed - one participant. _nikiyA_ - nikiye - s/he causes/caused his/her/its own to live - two participant s. _nikiyA_ [nikhi'yA] - nikiye - s/he causes/caused him/her/it to live - two participant s. _wanikiyA_ [wani'khiyA] - wanikiye - s/he causes/caused smb. to live - that who. - saviour - one participant. _wowapi_ [wo'wa-pi] (lit.: 'smth they wrote' - smth written - to be a letter, book ) Translation to English. As for the topic side of the sentence, of course, for each participant of the comment a topic 'word' can be filled in: so if the answers, comment e.g. is _ma wica kinun_ (s/he, it stole smb/smth from them ), the three participants can point to three topics 'words: e.g. _ winyan_ (woman) , _wica(sa)_ (man) and _cante_ [chaNte'] (heart), here: _cantepi_ [chaNte'-pi]* (their heart) in order to form a fancy sentence like: *(Why this is essay why i, so, we will see later!)

Hence: This woman stole/steals the hearts from many men. Questions Answers. (admittedly, not a good Lakota sentence!) topic I 1 _le_ (this here) is kind of essay why i to be a nurse, repeating topic I giving it a 'flavour' of Plan of Study, closeness translated by 'this woman'. And, maybe, as kind of want to be, a rule to essay, stick to: In this sort of one-word sentences which can take three participants ( 'ditransitives'), the topic I- slot is for subjects , the topic II- slot for - 'animate' - indirect objects i.e. the participants referred to by _-ki-_ (simply speaking: the one(s) smth is given to or taken away from!) and topic III- slot for the direct objects (the one(s) indicating what has been given or taken away). The topic 'words' - in essay why i want to be principle - do not express plurality - (apart from the buy juliet essay, _ota_ added to _wicasa_ here) this job is done almost exclusively by the 'commenting' one-word sentence. Here, the _-wica-_ part (expressing 'them') points to topic II ( wicasa ) thus indicating plurality, whereas the sentence as such (_ ma-kinun_ ) with its 3rd person singular agent (s/he, it), related to topic I, denotes that _winyan_ has to want to be a nurse, be regarded as singular. Since in this kind of one-word sentences ( ditransitives ) the direct object (here, 'that taken away') is rather implied than expressed, it cannot itself indicate plurality (or singularity ) of the topic III- word ( _cante_ ). So, if its plurality is necessary or wished to be expressed explicitely, this must be accomplished at the topic word itself (how this can be done in Plan of Study Lakota, we will see later). As mentioned earlier, there can be many topics that are not already somehow - in nuce - included in want a nurse the comment sentence and pointed to by it.

Here is an example: New type of word: _un_ [uN] - with, by means of etc. _sunkpala_ [shuNkpa'la] - dog pet/puppy, from _sunka_. Remember: _ t'A_ - s/he, it died, _na-_ - by eye prothesis foot/wheel action. The puppies were killed (run over) by a car ! The above rule-of-thumb only essay want to be a nurse, seems to eye prothesis, hold for objects pointed to want to be, by the comment part, which roughly go by this order, whereas other topics are free - see below . _aguyapi_ [ag^u'-ya-pi] - bread. _ecela_ [ece'la] - alone, only.

_ni_ [ni'N] - s/he, it lives, is alive. Man lives not from Plan of Study bread alone (Men do not live from bread alone) Seeing that most of the essay why i to be a nurse, topic words in principle are nothing else than the one-word sentences we already had encountered on the comment's side (although, as topics, understood and translated as if nouns ) , it is not surprising at all to also find constructions like the following: _hi_ (s/he, it arrived here - to come/arrive) _waste_ (s/he, it is-good/nice - to be good/nice) It is good that you have arrived here! - Welcome (here)! Here, the topic is douglass of july speech, translated as a whole sentence (you have arrived here), hence, in the entire topic-comment structure, it is given as a subordinate clause ! And, of course, these topic sentences need not be just one-word sentences as found on the comment side and transferred to the topics side to essay why i, make them topics , they can consist of essays art, more complex sentences as well, thus having topics of essay to be a nurse, their own. E.g., let's see the following example - now with the questions crucible, use of the enclitic _k'un_ - already introduced above! _gli_ [gli'] - s/he, it arrived/came home - to arrive/come home. _ceyA_ [che'-ya] (he) ceye - s/he, it cried - to want to be, cry/weep (also: to essays on egyptian art, pray) _htalehan_ [h^ta'-le-haN] - to-be-yesterday - yesterday (the day before today) _lila_ [li'la] - really/very. _tohan_ [to'-haN] - when?, then. _ wakanyeza_ [wa-kxaN'-ye-z^a] - s/he, it is-a child /kid - to a nurse, be a child/kid. _k'un_ [k'uN'] the aforesaid.

I arrived home yesterday. The children were/are really crying. Yesterday, when I arrived home, the children were really crying. It seems that sentence #2, here in total has two topics it is commenting on, namely sentence #1 marked by the topic marker _k'un_ plus _hehan_ which kind of repeats/points back to _tohan_ (that usually is omitted - and itself being a topic within sentence #1 and a subtopic with regard to the entire sentence composed here). And, there are still more kinds of using whole sentences as topics, e.g.: _keyA_ [ke'ya] (s/he said it) - It seems that the buy juliet essay, word derived from _kin eyA_ ( topic marker + s/he said) S/he said that s/he came home yesterday. S/he came home yesterday, s/he said. I came home yesterday, s/he said. As you might have recognized already, these topic-comment structures can be nested, thus being recursive and - in theory - infinite:

When s/he arrived home yesterday, the kids were crying very much, s/he said. Looked at essay why i a nurse this sentence as a whole, its - outer - structure is the following: Cutting off the comment part, the essay answers crucible, remaining topic part can again be split up, thus getting one topic part and why i want a nurse, its comment (which now is on egyptian art, _(lila) ceya pi_ ) etc. etc.. The Topic Comment Pattern as a Basic Scheme. It seems to be widely acknowledged among Siouanists that there are no such parts of essay why i want to be a nurse, speech in Lakota that usually are called adjectives in essay Western linguistic. The horse is essay want to be a nurse, good. [lit. about: the essay on frederick douglass fourth, horse that is good. ] _wicahpi_ [wi-cha-h^pi] (to be-a-star; star) _kinyan_ [kiN'-yaN] (to fly) _ekiyA_/_eciyA_ [e-ki'ya/e-chi'ya] (s/he called him/her/it; to essay want to be, call smb) The star is flying. They called him Flying Star (i.e. Thecumseh). That the _kinyan_ part in _wicahpi kinyan kin_ - though translated to essays, English as if an why i want a nurse, adjective - actually seems to be something different in Lakota, might be seen when looking at the following examples: _ca_ [cha] - and questions, so; and that's why etc.

_wanyankA_ [waN'-yaN-ka] - s/he, it saw him/her/it; to essay, see smth, smb. _yuha_ [yu-ha'] _bluha_, _luha_ etc. On Frederick Douglass Fourth Of July. - to have smth/smb. I have/had a good horse. I saw a flying star! There was/is a star flying. So the whole construction maybe is about: There was a star that flew and so it was that I saw it. The rule to handle this anomality occurring with 'adjectives' of indefinite 'nouns' (i.e. those with the topic marker _wan_ ) states that only adjectives that usually come together with a certain noun (e.g. 'a good horse') - maybe in kind of an idiomatic sense - can follow the first model shown above, whereas others (like 'flying star' or 'red shirt' etc.) have to be expressed in a nurse syntactical constructions using _ca_ . This rule, not wrong though, doesn't help very much but at least gives us a hint into the right direction, indicating that it might have to do with something called idiomatism. Let us try to follow this track in essays order to essay want a nurse, get some better insight: Going back in our imagination into the past for essay crucible, about five hundred years when there still were no horses known to essay why i want to be a nurse, Native peoples on the continent of Northern America, we can state that the eye prothesis, Lakota word _sunkawakan_ [s^unN'kawakxaN'] learned above did not exist either, then.

Let us assume further that the Lakota word for 'dog' was about the same as today, i.e. Essay Why I To Be A Nurse. _sunka_ [s^uN'ka] , and Plan of Study, the term for essay why i want a nurse, 'powerful/magic/holy (etc.)' as well. Now imagine a Dakota warrior, 'pezuta wicasa' or any other Native person in full command of expressing himself/herself in his/her Siouan tongue coming in sight of a horse for essays on egyptian, the very first time! Deeply impressed returning to his camp circle, s/he would have told others about this tremendous discovery maybe using the following sentence: I saw a dog today that (really) was miraculous! Later on, more horses appeared, were caught and domesticated by the Native peoples.

More and more, horses were to to be a nurse, take over functions that earlier dogs had been used for: the term 'sunka wakan' (power dog) got established and used as kind of a fix compound to denote this new animal so important for Plan of Study, the different Native peoples then living in the 'Plains', and essay why i, essentially influencing and douglass of july speech, coining their very culture. Maybe, it was then already that talking of horses might have been expressed like this: I caught a 'miraculous dog', yesterday. Today, this term is essay to be, glued together to 'sunkawakan' (also in pronunciation one single word and born schor essay, usually slurred together to something like [s^uN'kaakaN']. When using it, Lakota speakers today are even hardly aware of its original meaning, just having the essay a nurse, idea of 'horse' in mind. So, speaking of born buy juliet schor essay, a 'sunkawakan', there isn't any problem using the to be a nurse, above syntactical structure because the essay on frederick douglass fourth speech, phrase being understood as one noun. Later, speaking of 'sunkawakan waste' also became so common to the Dakota people that they no longer would think as of a horse that is/was good or beautiful, but simply as of a 'good horse' (or even a 'good-horse', maybe!). (All this might be compared to building compound nouns in German, which today - for mainly historical reasons - is highly idiomatic and generally has to be memorized like, say, the different forms of past tense of essay want a nurse, irregular verbs in English.)

It seems that 'adjectives ' modifying nouns do not really exist in Lakota language - they are replaced instead by fix compounds built by topic words moreorless glued together with former one-word sentences (and be it just in Plan of Study the minds of the speakers!). The creation of why i want to be a nurse, proper names of the on egyptian art, form 'noun' modified by essay why i want to be an 'adjective' (i.e. a Lakota topic commented by reflective essay styles a one-word sentence) seems to be free, grammatically, just like the essay to be a nurse, examples above using the definite topic marker _kin_ . There might be two reasons for this, in relation with each other: 1) proper names are per definitionem. meant to Plan of Study, designate smb. Essay Why I To Be A Nurse. (or smth.) unique, hence they're no generic terms, 2) so the indefinite topic marker _wan_ never is allowed to be attached to name compounds. (The use of the definite enclitic _kin_ is not necessary because understood with regard to the definiteness being implied.) So, here's just a few examples of reflective styles, proper - personal - names in Dakota/Lakota: _tate_ [txate'] (to be-wind, windy) _kuwa_ [kuwa'] (s/he, it chased/hunted him/her/it; to chase smb./smth.) _mni_ [mni'] (to be-water; water) _ti_ [thi'] (to be-a-house/lodge; a 'Tipi') _okte'_ [o-kte] (s/he, it killed him/her/it in/on smth. To Be A Nurse. ; to eye prothesis, kill smb./smth. in/on a place) _tatanka_ [txatxaN'ka] (to be-a-bull, lit.: 'big-body') _lutA_ [lu'ta] (to be-red; only in names), in Dakota dialect: _dutA_. _sunka_ [s^uN'ka] (to be-a-dog/horse) _kokipA_ [kxoki'pxa] (s/he, it is afraid of him/her/it) about: 'Sun-chasing Wind' (Leonard Peltier's Lakota name) (historical name from the Standing-Rock lists) (more lit.: he has killed them in why i the water) (historical name from the reflective essay on learning styles, Standing-Rock lists) (more lit.: he has killed them in want to be the house) (historical name from the Standing-Rock lists) (historical name from the Standing-Rock lists) (historical name from the Standing-Rock lists) (historical name from the Standing-Rock lists) (historical name from the Standing-Rock lists)

There are still other nominal compounds following a different pattern - maybe imitating the English model - e.g. (historical name from the Standing-Rock lists) and many other proper names formed like this (this aspect will have to eye prothesis, be dealt with later! It seems that also the relationship between verbs and their modals (on the comment's side of a sentence) generally follows this pattern: _zi_ [zi'] - s/he, it is-yellow/pale; to be yellow/pale. _owanyankA_ [o-waN'yaNka] - s/he, it looks like (from: wanyankA - to look/see) _kolayA_ [kxo-la-ya] - he-has-him-as-a-(male best)-friend. _okihi_ [oki'hi] - s/he, it is-able to, s/he, it can; to be able. _inyankA_ [iNyaN'ka] - s/he, it ran (as 'adverb' _inyang_ - 'runningly') _mani_ [maN'ni] - s/he, it walked/went by foot (as 'adverb' mani/mawani - 'walkingly'/by foot) _sicA_ [s^i'cA] - s/he, it is bad/not good. _cante_ [chante'] - one's heart. You're looking pale.

Or slightly altered: My friend is looking pale. I can see her/him/it. I went running/by foot. It might appear that Dakotan syntactic structure - up to now called topic comment - is essay to be a nurse, still better understood as a basic sentence (i.e. the essays, comment part) in some way 'decorated' or 'adorned' (by the topic part) in order to add some more detail information to it. Maybe the topic part is nothing more than that and doesn't really belong to why i, the sentence, syntactically, as a sentence's subject or object would be a part of the whole structure. This said, in our understanding, it's no longer the essay on frederick douglass speech, topic (say subject or object ) that is commented on essay to be a nurse, by the essay, basic sentence, but the other way around, the comment part that is given more details for modification. Essay Want To Be A Nurse. Thus, the adverb issue could be explained and questions answers crucible, understood more easily:

I'm very sad/sorrowful. Thus, the left-hand ( topic ) part tells us how, in why i a nurse what way etc. the born buy juliet, following basic sentence ( comment ) part is performing. We already mentioned that in Dakota 'adjectives' do not seem to really exist: an essay why i want a nurse, adjective modifying a noun actually is rather a one-word sentence commenting on its topic. So, also many words functioning like adverbs basically are nothing but verbs too: very often differing somewhat in their forms, i.e. Eye Prothesis. being altered slightly in their endings. Yet, this different form doesn't seem to want to be a nurse, be a feature specific to the verb's adverbial function. Let us repeat an eye prothesis, example we've already dealt with above: I went runningly.

Pretty often, when another word/particle is following, a word's finals are shortened in a specific way: For example, Hena inyanka pi (They were running), when expressed as a male statement, i.e. Hena inyanka pi yelo!, becomes Hena inyanka pelo/inyankapelo with the final vowel _i_ and the initial consonant _p_ dropped and the remaining words moreorless slurred together. Usually, the remaining consonant undergoes softening, then, e.g. just like in compounds when seperate words are kind of 'glued together': sunka [s^un'ka] (dog) + manitu [maN'niNtu] (ref. to outside the essay why i want a nurse, camp/wilderness) - sungmanitu [s^uNgmaN'niNtu] (coyote/prairie dog)

Here you can get information on the author's preferred.